Monday, October 22, 2018

Chocolate Covered Strawberries Oatmeal

Good day friends! I'm just stopping in to share a little oatmeal I whipped up this morning. It was an experiment that went well, so I thought I should share, if for no other reason than to be able to remember it myself. 😁 Please forgive me for the lack of a pretty finished picture.

First, I gathered all my ingredients.


I used 1-3/4 cups of water plus 1 cup of almond milk, 1-1/2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal, 1 cup of sliced strawberries, 2 tablespoons of cocoa, 3 teaspoons of Super Sweet, 1 tablespoon of heavy cream, and 3 pinches of sea salt.

To begin, I added the milk and water to a sauce pan on medium heat. Let that come just to a boil.


At this point, add all the other ingredients except the heavy cream.



Make sure to stir to mix everything well. Bring the oatmeal back up just to a boil, stirring often. Just when the oatmeal starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, and let the oatmeal cook while stirring often until it reaches your desired consistency. When the oatmeal has reached your desired consistency, remove the pan from heat and stir in your cream. If losing weight is not your goal, feel free to add more cream. My children both liked this oatmeal, to my surprise, with extra cream.


I hope you have a chance to try this recipe and enjoy it!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment