Monday, October 1, 2018

Chicken Salad

Hello my reader friends! I am going to just go ahead and apologize! I thought I had shared my chicken salad with you before! When searching for the post for a friend, I sadly realized it didn't exist! I must have written that amazing post in my head! This recipe is a must have in your arsenal of "knock out" recipes!

Making it is easy, so let's get started!

If buying those rotisserie chickens from the store is your thing, you can skip this step, but I like to make my own chicken when I have the time. I used to have a rotisserie. I wore the poor machine out, though. Not to worry, making the chicken the way I am about to show you works wonderfully for this recipe.

Begin by lining a baking sheet with foil. Place three large chicken breasts in the lined pan. Season both sides really well with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and rotisserie seasoning. Place another sheet of foil over the chicken. Tightly fold the sides together to make a pocket.


Bake the chicken for forty-five minutes to an hour until it's done. When done, remove the pan from the oven and let the chicken cool.


Once the chicken has cooled, dice the the meat into small pieces and add to a large bowl


Gather your grapes, onion, celery, mayonnaise, chopped pecans, salt, and dry ranch seasoning mix. I make my own, but you could easily use a packet from the store if you would like.


Chop the celery, grapes, and onions, adding them to the bowl with the chicken. Add a cup of mayo and one to two tablespoons of ranch seasoning.


My daughter can't have nuts. I had to stop at this point to mix up the salad so I could remove some for her. Once I had a portion scooped up for her, I added the pecans.


Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.

Enjoy your salad in a fancy dish or between two slices of white bread on a paper plate. Either way, you'll be glad you made it! I hope you enjoy it!


Chicken Salad
3 chicken breasts
1 bunch grapes
1 c mayonnaise
1/2-3/4 c chopped pecans
3/4 cup finely diced onions
4 ribs celery
Salt
Pepper
Garlic pepper
Rotisserie seasoning
2 T Dry ranch dressing seasoning

Directions:
Line a baking sheet with foil. Place chicken on the lined pan. Season both sides of the breasts well with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and rotisserie seasoing. Using a second sheet of foil, make a pocket for the chicken , sealing the edges of the foil together with tight folds. Bake the chicken on the pan at 350° for 45 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from the oven and allow it to cool.

Dice the chicken into small pieces and add it to a large bowl. Chop the desired amount of grapes, celery, pecans, and onions, adding them to the bowl of chicken. Stir in mayonnaise and ranch seasoning. Start with one tablespoon of the ranch seasoning. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.

There you have it, friends! Do you like an unexpected ingredient in your chicken salad? My friend, Morgan, makes her chicken salad very similar to mine, but she uses apples instead of grapes. I would love to hear your favorite twist!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment