Tuesday, December 30, 2014

One Gallon of THM Sipper

The other day I wrote how I made my own Trim Healthy Mama sipper with fruit tea and Oolong tea. You can read about it here. You can read about my regular Raspberry Zinger GGMS here. I wanted to take it a step further after being inspired by my sisters and mother and make a stronger concentrate than can be diluted into a two quart jar. This sipper is perfect for anyone, but it is especially good for those who do not tolerate the strong taste of vinegar in the regular Good Girl Moonshine.

Having small children always makes me look a
little scary on Christmas Day! My Mom and
sister stopped to pose for a picture with us all
holding some GGMS! :)
Please pardon the quality of these photos. It was night when I was making the concentrate and my sad kitchen light doesn't lend itself to pretty night photos. :)


To make the concentrate, I steeped two fruit tea bags and two Oolong tea bags in a quart of boiling water until the water was cool. I removed the tea bags, and to the concentrate, I added two tablespoons of the vinegar. I squeezed a cube of ginger into each jar and added sweetener. I usually have to add more sweetener when I am ready to drink it.


I then poured the concentrate from my quart jars into my two two quart jars. That is an extra step that can be eliminated by making the concentrate directly in the two quart jars. It is just easier for me to stir the one quart jars.


Fill the jars with cold water and stir. I love my sippers icy cold. Since I let my concentrate get completely cool before making the larger quantity, my drink is already cold and ready to drink at this point, but many times, I will pour it into the quart jar, and put it in the refrigerator to get really chilled! I have never really liked adding ice to any drink and watering it down.

Feel free to add more sweetener at this stage. I use a liquid steevia.
Ah! It was so pretty in the sunlight the next day, I just had to take a picture! I love this drink! It keeps me from craving sweet tea and sodas, which is HUGE for me! If I get lucky enough to get my sister, the one on the left in the picture above, to share, I will post her recipe for Cherry Limeade soon. It is SOOO good! Feel free to share your favorite sipper in the comments! I always love new ideas!

Check out the Trim Healthy Mama fan page for other drinks and recipes!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment