Saturday, March 1, 2014

Electric Pressure Cooker

Eeek!!  Friends, I am so excited!!  I have a new best friend in the kitchen!

In June of last year, my husband started working in Texas.  He lives in a hotel full-time, and he doesn't get to come home often here lately. :(  BUT...the children and I get to go out to visit.  The only problem with that is there is no kitchen in his room, only a tiny counter with some cabinets, a tiny sink, and a tiny refrigerator. Have you ever tried to feed a family of four two meals a day when eating out each time???  OUCH!  It hurts the wallet!  I knew after our trip in November of last year that something would have to give.  Enter my new best kitchen friend!


Her name is electric pressure cooker!  I love her SO much!  You can tell from her dirty lid that she has already proven to be such a hard worker!  She makes cooking so quick, easy, and fun!

I bought this pressure cooker several weeks ago before going back to Texas.  I knew it would allow me to cook good, wholesome food quickly, easily, and without much space.  To be honest, I have turned on my stove very few times since purchasing it.  I have been having too much fun testing new recipes in it!

We are currently looking for a place where all of us can be together more comfortably for longer periods of time without so much expense.  More news on that will follow when we know exactly what we will be doing.  :)  Whichever option we choose, I know this appliance will continue to prove its worth many times over!

For now though, I would love to share a sneak peek at a dish I came up with on our last visit out.  You know how some people have a hobby like drawing or painting?  That person has a hard time going into an art supply store simply because it can be so exciting and stimulating, and that person could spend forever looking at things that would totally bore others and cause eyes to roll.  Ummm...I have suddenly realized that person is me, except that is the experience I have in the grocery store, especially on the spice aisle in Texas close to the Louisiana border!  Oh, dear, it is true.  I must be developing a sad cooking hobby.  They have so many exciting new things and spices I have never seen before like shells you clean and bake snails in! Yes, I know, it's escargot, but we just don't have that sort of thing here in the sleepy, little towns of central Georgia!

Well, anyway, I had the crazy idea to throw some chicken and bratwurst in the cooker with some chicken broth and spices and a few other things.  Oh, my!  By pure accident and experiment, I created something I can't get enough of!

This

turned into a delicious pot of this,

and I can't get enough of it!  As you can see, I had to make it again when I got home!

I had every intention of sharing the recipe in this post, but if I do, the post is going to be super long.  I promise the recipe will be in the next post!  Stay tuned!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment