Friday, January 25, 2013

14 Days of Valentines Part 1

Last year I read about a woman who gave her husband a Valentine each day of February leading up to Valentine's Day.  I was so inspired I decided to do it for my husband and children.  Who doesn't like hearing he or she is loved?  Letting my family know I love them is something I can never overdo!  Valentine's just opened the opportunity to be creative in the ways I told them, and, too, it gave me permission to be a little more cheesy than usual!  Heehee!

Over the next couple of days I will share what I did each day.  I thought I better start early in case someone wanted join in the fun this year.  Yes, it really is FUN!  I love watching each member come in looking for his/her Valentine each morning and reading the note.  So, come on!  Let's get started!

The whole thing began with our math lesson on the first day of February.  That was when I decided I would do it everyday.  This was the first Valentine.  Alissa got to help with this one since it was her lesson, but no one knew I would I would do it the remaining days.


We used Hershey Kisses with messages like "You are kissable!", "You are my kissy-poo!", and, for the hubby, "I want to kiss you!"  :)


February 2 I used small cans of Mtn. Dew.  The children's notes read, "I 'dew' love you with all my heart."  The hub's note read, "Thank you for all you 'dew' for us.  We 'dew' love you!"


February 3 I used bags of peanuts with notes that read, "I am nuts about you!"


February 4 I divided a box of Crunch 'n Munch into three snack sized zip-top bags with notes that read, "Hey Valentine!  You put the 'crunch' in my 'munch'!"  And lastly, for today,...


on February 5 I gave each person a pack of Valentine themed cakes with a note reading, "Loving you is a piece of cake!"

Are your creative juices flowing yet?  Stay tuned for more ideas tomorrow!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

2 comments: