Thursday, September 6, 2012

He's Home!!!

Hello, friends!!!

Tomorrow marks two weeks since Bill left on his new endeavor.  This was two weeks ago:

Going...
Going...

 
Gone...
 
Bill turned to the right head to I-75.  We turned to the left heading back home.  I watched as long as I could in my rear view mirror.  The children and I were all acting like we weren't crying, but it was a car full of heartache.  Goodness, at this point, I think even the dog was crying!  lol!

The first three or four days were really hard emotionally.  It was hard to hold it together when one of the children would start crying, especially when Jacob talked to Bill for the first time on the phone, and I had to watch the tears well up in his eyes as the conversation ended.  I just let him curl into me and cry until he felt better.  Who could help but let a few tears trickle down the cheeks?

By Monday or Tuesday it was easier and we were settling in to a routine.  At least I could finally talk about Bill being gone without crying right away.  Most of the time, anyway!  lol!

But...today, Bill came home a few days early!!!  He plans to be home for a few days before leaving back out.  He has promised not to be gone that long again.

Even with him gone, a hint of fall found it's way into the air for a couple of days, causing the nostalgic, warm fuzzies to stir inside.  When fall starts to creep into the air, the simple things seem to make me smile and bring me comfort, reminding me of the mighty God we serve.  I just had to pick up the camera and capture a few scenes in my home that made me smile and turn a thankful heart to God for his love, peace, and provision.

The sideboard/baking station in my kitchen
The overflowing vegetable basket beside my
stove.
And, yes, the thin, swirly peels from the organic carrots.

God has been so good to my family and me!  I cannot praise Him enough!  I don't deserve half of what he does for me.  How humble it makes me feel to know I am loved so completely.

What in your home makes you smile and have the warm fuzzies?  Or what in your home turns your heart to God in thanksgiving?

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! He's home!! :D

    We have also been looking forward to fall! I've already made soups and apple pie. Yesterday I bought new candles... pumpkin spice! Mmmmm....

    Makes me want to snuggle up with a good book and a steaming cup of pumpkin latte!

    I'm happy for you and your family!! Enjoy your time together :)

    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, then I don't feel so bad about going ahead and making a pumpkin pie! The kiddos are even talking a lot about it. It is supposed to be cooler this weekend, so I just may do that! I bet your whole home smells of fall! Thank you! {{{hugs}}} to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. It makes me all warm and fuzzy to hear that Bill made it home safely, what a blessing to be together as a family.

    Lovely pictures!

    What makes me warm and fuzzy? Right now we have bright sunny sunflowers popping overtop of my (very weedy) garden. Their golden faces seem to turn towards the sun every morning.......love that!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Aw! Thank you, Jane! I love sunflowers. I don't know why I haven't thought of planting my own before now! I like my mind's image of them turning their faces toward the sun. It's a great reminder to me to turn my face toward the Son every morning! Thank you again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete