Saturday, December 14, 2019

How to Make Finely Ground Sugar

Good day, reader friends!

Don't stress!! I know it's the holidays and you are busy! I see those recipes you've been looking at that call for ingrients about which you aren't so sure! Here is help for one of those such ingredients!

Finely ground sugar is commonly used in European baked goods and candy. It is ground more finely that regular granulated sugar, but it's not as fine as confectioners/powdered sugar. I've never used it or seen it in a store personally, yet, I ended up needing it for a recipe I wanted to try.

Making it was very simple. I used my coffee grinder for this process, but using a small food processor may work.

To make the finely ground sugar, simply place about a quarter cup of regular granulated sugar into the mill.


Pulse a few times until the sugar is broken down into very small granules. Just be careful not to over-process and turn your sugar into a powder.

Ta-da!


It's just that easy! Repeat the process until you have your desired amount of sugar.

Now, there is one less thing to stress over! Go enjoy your holiday! ❤

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment