Sunday, September 13, 2020

How to Dehydrate Garlic


Hi reader friends! I hope all is well in your little corner of the world.

We have had some really busy days in the recent weeks, but the work has been satisfying and fulfilling.

One project found me, I didn't go looking for it. I ended up with a lot of garlic I knew I was never going to be able to use before it went bad. I didn't want to throw it away, so I decided to dehydrate it. 

I started by cleaning all the cloves.

Once that was done, I chopped the cloves into coarse pieces and placed them in the dehydrator.

The dehydrator was set at 135° F. I left the dehydrator for several hours. Once the pieces were dry and crispy, I moved the dried garlic to an airtight jar. The dry garlic can be processed into smaller pieces for minced garlic or ground into powder for homemade powdered garlic


What do you do with extra produce you don't want to go to waste? Leave your great idea in the comments below!

If you would like to see the video of the process, you can find it on My Modern Homestead channel on YouTube, here. If you enjoy your visit there, please like and subscribe to receive notifications when new videos are posted! 

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment