Monday, June 11, 2012

What's for Supper? Rotisserie Chicken and Roasted Corn

I have been so caught up in life and a little cold, that I have fallen behind in my posts.  I have been doing a lot of cooking lately.  Okay, okay!  I confess!  I am a rotten mom!  My children had to eat a frozen dinner tonight because I just didn't have the energy to cook a meal after fighting whatever sickness I am fighting.  I did warm up the greenbeans I cooked last night!  That makes it better, right?

I LOVE my convection oven.  I picked it out because it had a rotisserie in it.  I LOVE rotisserie chicken.  If you don't have a rotisserie, take heart, and keep reading.

If you have a rotisserie, the hardest part of this "recipe" will be getting the chicken centered on the spit and getting the legs and wings tied up!  Once that is done, sprinkle the chicken generously with a rotisserie seasoning.  I have only recently started replacing my store-bought seasonings with homemade seasonings, so this time, I used the rotisserie seasoning I already had in my spice drawer.  I hope I can find a recipe soon to make my own.  I just haven't taken the time to search for one yet.

Once the chicken was seasoned, I placed the spit in the oven, set the temperature to 480 degrees, left the door slightly ajar (per manufacturers instructions), and let the oven work it's magic for an hour.  After one hour, I ended up closing the door because it was taking too long to cook the chicken!  I let the chicken cook for one more hour and checked the temperature of the chicken to make sure it was done.  Ah!!!  It was perfection in an oven!!!  A beautiful, crisp skin and very juicy, moist meat on the inside!  MMM...mmm...mmm!


If you don't have a rotisserie, you can still use the rotisserie spice to season your chicken before it is baked.  Try it!  You might like it!  Any leftover chicken makes and outstanding gourmet chicken salad like some grocery stores sell.  I'll have to post that recipe later.

I also made roasted corn in the oven.  Bill usually does it for me on the grill, but he was out on a run.  To make the corn, (Are you ready for this?  It's really hard.  You might not be able to handle the complexity!)  Turn your oven on and set the temperature to 425 degrees.  Place the corn, husks and all, in the oven and leave it there for one hour.  (All ovens are different, so you might want to keep an eye on your corn the first time you prepare it this way.  It is okay if some of the outer husks turn brown.)  After one hour, remove the corn, let it cool a little for a few minutes, and carefully peel off the husks.  Be careful!  The corn can be very hot!  Rub with butter and enjoy!  I know, I know, I shouldn't post such complicated recipes.  I promise to do better!  :)

Happy cooking!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment