Friday, April 1, 2022

Strawberry Pepper Jelly


Hello all my lovely reader friends!

Yesterday, we made pepper jelly with strawberries my little guy and I just picked up at the strawberry patch. Come along and make some with me here on my YouTube channel, My Modern Homestead! 

Here's the recipe:

Strawberry Pepper Jelly

2 bell pepper, finely chopped
6 small to medium jalapenos, finely chopped
1 c finely chopped strawberries
1 T red pepper flakes
6-1/2 c sugar
1-1/2 c apple cider vinegar

6 oz liquid pectin

In a large pot, combine all ingredients except the strawberries and pectin. Heat over high heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Boil for five minutes. Add the strawberries and liquid pectin. Bring back to a boil and boil three minutes. Immediately remove from the heat and let the jelly cool for a minute. Skim off foam if needed. Place jelly in half or quart pint jars to 1/4" headspace. Water bath for 10 minutes. Remove jars to a dry, draft-free area, and do not move them for 24 hours. Wash jars and store in a cool, dark area.

I used to be the one to get the big ice
cream. When did that happen without
my permission?

I really enjoyed getting to spend some one-on-one time with my little guy who is no longer little. He, infact, towers over me now. He is still my baby, though. All you parents understand that one. I love the fact that he still wants to go and do things with me. I will never take that for granted.

Next week will be a busy one! I have several videos in the works, and I've got several things that need to be canned. Both of my guys are outside at this very moment getting the garden prep finished up so I can get my stuff in the ground soon. I am so excited! I am praying it does well this year. I am really counting on some things I am out of to produce well for us. 

What are you up to, my friends? Have you got anything exciting going on in your world? Let me know in the comments. I would love to hear from you!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment