Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Around the World: Pulling It All Together

I felt it was important to do a meaningful activity to wrap up our studies of all the different countries. To do this, Alissa is making a Christmas Around the World book.  On each page I have drawn an outline of a flag with a blank line at the top.  We use the internet to look up the flag of the country we are studying.  Alissa then does her best to recreate it and then writes the name of the country above the flag. 



I have written the highlighted facts we covered on strips of paper that have been glued to construction paper and then cut out.  She will match the facts to the correct country and glue the fact under the correct flag. 

When she has completed the pages, she will make a cover for her book from a sheet of folded construction paper. 

If we do Christmas Around the World again, I plan to have her find and color on an outline of the world map each country as we cover it.  I am still considering doing it for this year, eventhough I would have preferred to do each country one at a time.  Hindsight is 20/20.  In the world of education we call it reflection.  It is essential to improvement!  :)

I hope you have enjoyed our trip around the world!  Perhaps next year, we can share more!  You can look on my Christmas Around the World board on Pinterest for more ideas if a whole year is too long to wait.  :)

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment