Thursday, April 25, 2013

Craft Room Ironing Board DIY

Hey y'all!  I told you yesterday that I was super busy marking items off my to-do list.  Creating this nifty little ironing board was one of the projects I completed.


The idea all started with this picture on Pinterest.  I was so excited because I do not have an ironing board.  I just don't like that big, bulky thing taking up valuable space.  :)  I clicked on the photo to find a list of materials I needed, and guess what...No list!  No description!  No instructions!  It was just a photo someone had found on Fliker!  I was disappointed and the perfectionist in me nearly started having spasms, but I decided I would just wing it on my own and hope for the best.


These were the materials I used.  I had one t.v. table, a piece of fabric that was tucked away in my craft supplies, a heavy duty stapler, a pair of scissors, and a roll of high loft polyester batting.  Oh, and one very cute dog was supervising!


First, I laid out my fabric with the right side down and then placed the batting over it.  I let the fabric leave a very small border.  It just seemed like a good idea, but probably not a necessity.  ;)  heehee!


I then turned the table upside down on the layers of fabric leaving about a two inch boarder of fabric on two sides and


just trimmed, freehand, around the other two sides also leaving about a two inch border.


Lastly, I stapled around the edges, doing opposite sides at a time, and then trimmed the excess fabric.  Viola!


Now I just need to find another project that will give me a reason to use the new ironing board!  :)  I guess I could go find something in a closet somewhere that needs to be ironed, but what fun is that?

Tomorrow, I'll be sharing my sad, little garden and a pen pals made easy idea that I also marked off my list yesterday.  On Saturday look for a home school on the go idea that I worked on all in the same day as these other projects!  Has the arrival of spring left you with a DIY itch?  I would love to hear what you have been working on!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment