Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Breakfast Casserole Muffins



Hi friends!  Did you think I was gone forever?  I guess I did disappear for a while, but I didn't leave for good! :)

The other day I posted  on my Facebook page a picture of these muffins I had made for lunch/brunch.  I had several people ask for the recipe so I figured I better do a blog post to share it.  These are very easy and in the words of my children, "delicious!"


Ingredients:
12-15 slices of bacon, fried but still soft
6 eggs lightly scrambled
1 1/4 c. baking mix such as Bisquick or Jiffy Baking Mix
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. melted butter
2 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 t garlic salt
1-2 t dried chives

Directions:
1.  Line lightly greased muffin cups with bacon slices.  Yes, greased.  :)  Some of the batter will seep around the bacon so the cups need to be sprayed lightly.


2.  Have the cutest, sweetest girl in the house mix the remaining ingredients together.


3. Pour the egg mixture into the bacon-lined cups.


4.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Be sure to line the bottom of the oven with foil to catch any dripping grease.  (I even put baking sheets on the rack under the muffin tin midway through the cooking before the grease started to drip.)  Allow the muffins to cool slightly after removing from the oven.  This helps the muffins release from the side of the pan.

I hope you get to try them and let me know what you think!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment