Friday, December 19, 2014

Low Carb Sausage Balls


Happy Friday, friends! I am so sorry I have been missing in action! Among other things, I lost the cord to connect to my camera to the computer so that I could download photos. Goodness me! I hope that never happens again!

Have you been busy this holiday season? It hasn't been terribly busy here. We have been enjoying our Christmas Around the World Unit and Our Twelve Names of Jesus ornaments. I love this time of year and all the fun lessons we complete. Some years we cover some of the same, favorite countries, but each year we learn something new or do different activities. So much fun!

Anyway, I whipped up one of our favorite Christmas foods today, but I had to adjust the recipe to make them low carb for me! They were so yummy, I had to share even though this recipe isn't too terribly different than any other out there! They are super easy and quick to prepare, too!


Preheat oven to 365 degrees. In a large bowl, mix all of your ingredients: 1 cup almond meal, 1/2 cup flax chia blend, 2 1bs. of your favorite sausage (oops, I forgot to check my sugar content of mine.), 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, 4 oz softened cream cheese, and 2 eggs.

Make sure everything is mixed well.


Roll mixture into 1 inch balls (I used a cookie scoop.), place on a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper, and bake 22 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and pan, and place them on paper towels to drain excess grease. I got 87 one inch balls from this recipe. Refrigerate or freeze any that are not eaten right away.


Enjoy!

Low Carb Sausage Balls
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup flax chia blend
2 lbs. sausage
1-1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 oz cream cheese
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl. Roll mixture into one inch balls. Using a small cookie scoop helps with this. Bake in the oven at 365 degrees. Remove from pan onto paper towels to drain excess grease. Refrigerate or freeze any that are not eaten right away. Makes 87 one inch balls.

Until we meet again, may you be blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment