Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Days 8-14

Hello all my dear friends and visitors who are welcomed to become dear friends!  We have really had a rough month in my home.  After being so removed from public life for so long, I believe our immune systems are in shock!  Since we have started attending our wonderful church and it's many functions, we can't seem to stay well.  It will just take some time for our immune systems to build themselves back up.  I remember when I first started teaching in public school.  I stayed sick my first two years.  We'll get back to wellness sooner or later.  :)

Last Friday I took my daughter to the doctor and she was diagnosed with strep throat.  That evening I started getting sick.  It seems to have been the flu.  Even so, I knew I couldn't stop our Valentine's treats.  Luckily, there was only one night that I was so sick, I simply couldn't handle getting them out.  Of course, I made up for it during the day when I was more able.  You'll probably be able to tell from the one picture I got of it which day it was, lol!

This is Day 8.  I had not planned on using bananas, but they were sitting on my counter about to go bad.  Alissa was very unimpressed.  :)


Day 9.  I had planned to do something really cute with pretzels and gummy worms to go with it, but life happened.  Maybe we'll do it next year.

Here life went into a downward spiral, and I thought I would be celebrating the greatest love of all in heaven.


Day 10


Day 11


Day 12


Day 13:


These are all the treats Bill missed while he was on the road.


Day 14:  Happy Valentine's Day!

I didn't think this day would ever get here!  I love doing this, but this year has just been tough.  With God's grace, though, I have made it through!  Will I do it again?  Absolutely!  I love doing little things for my family to make them feel special.  There was a time in my life when I thought everything should revolve around me, my wants, my feelings.  Praise the Lord, I've come to see things through God's eyes!  I now know the secret to my happiness is doing little things to make others happy.  Since that crucial turn-around, life has become so beautiful, happy, and full!  I get so sad when I see others online complaining about Valentine's Day and other holidays being just another day, implying that no one is going to do anything special for them to make them feel happy or loved.  I wish I could pour just a little of what I have discovered into their hearts.  Oh, if they could just discover the joy and love of purely doing things for others for the simple love of seeing others smile!  That my friends is joy and love!  That is what makes just another day, a special day!  We can't rely on others and "things" to create happiness in us.  Our love and fulfillment must come from our Father above.  In him is true love, happiness, and fulfillment.

In closing, I present to you this challenge:  Spend the rest of this week asking God to show you at least one way to make someone happy.  Do what God lays upon your heart, and see if it makes you smile and feel love and happiness on the inside.  If you do, I'm guessing you may want to do it again.  In any case, feel free to come back and share your experience!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment