Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chicken Fiesta Soup



Goodness!  After spending several hours trying to find a solution for not being able to upload photos to finish this post, I think I have finally figured it out.  :)  I had to switch browsers.   Yay!!!  Now I can finally share this soup recipe with you!  I thought I would never be able to do another post!  :)

After a desperate search for something to throw together for supper last night, these (plus a can of black beans) are the ingredients I pulled from the freezer and cupboard.

*update:  I left the black beans out of the picture!  Sorry!


I am not super fond of recipes involving rice and tomatoes, so I was very unsure if I would like this recipe.  As it turns out, it was delicious!  I couldn't wait to share it with you!

Ingredients:
3-5 chicken tenderloins
1 large can of petite diced tomatoes
1 can of original Ro-Tel
1 can of white kidney beans
1 can of black beans
1 small box of chicken broth
1 package of taco seasoning (I used 1 -2 T of my own.)
1 cup of uncooked rice, any type you like

Directions:
Place the first six ingredients in a crock pot.  Cook on high for two hours or until tenders are done.  Remove the tenders and shred them.  Return shredded chicken to the crock pot with the rice and continue cooking for another 1-2 hours until the rice is done.  Serve and enjoy!

I topped mine with 1 crisp tostada, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkle of chives.  Mmmm...It was so good!

Let me know what you think if you try it!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!













No comments:

Post a Comment