Sunday, January 27, 2013

14 Days of Valentines Part 3

So here we are at the final post in the 14 Days of Valentines!  I hope you have enjoyed the ideas, and have some inspiration to creatively show your love for your family.  I will probably use some of these same ideas again this year along with some new ones mixed in.  I'll be back to share those with you as they happen.

Before I share the ideas with you today, I would like to take a moment to remind you that you are loved.  You didn't arrive at this post by chance, my friend.  You came across it, because God wants you to know he loves you!  I would like to share a couple a lot of my favorite "love verses" with you.  May at least one bless you today!


1 Corinthians 13:1-3 
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13:4–8a 
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ... (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13:13 
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (NIV)


Ephesians 5:33
However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. (NIV)
Colossians 3:14
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. (NIV)
1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. (NIV)
1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. (NIV)
1 John 3:18
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. (NIV)
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (NIV)

Okay, you now know how I feel about love!  I guess I should at least share the last of the Valentines.  :)


On February 11, I was doing "Flipz!"  :)  The tag read, "Your love makes my heart do 'Flipz'!"  This one has been requested again for this year, but I don't think it was because of my cheezy saying!  :)


February 12 was a cuddly kind of day.  I found these valentine versions of a chocolate Easter bunny at the store with a product name of cuddly cuties and knew they had to be part of my shinanigans.  :)  The tag read, "You are my cuddly cutie!"


February 13 was a rather domestic day.  I felt compelled to make heart-shaped strawberry fudge.  I was so shocked it actually worked!  The tag read, "You are my sweetheart!"

Annnnddddd......Drum roll, please.....




I spared my family the cheesy sayings on Valentine's Day, but there were still plenty of surprises!  I had only gotten the children a bag of marshmallows and a small gift, but when Bill came home in the wee hours of the morning from work, he also had gifts for the children and me!  He gave them the stuffed animal and candy.  He gave me a rose and card.  Aw!  Isn't he sweet?  And, yes.  I gave him a non-cheesy card, too.  ;)

Well, my friends that's a wrap!  Remember to always let your family know you love them.  None of us are promised tomorrow.  If you can have fun and be cheesy while doing it, then I say go for it.  :)

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment