Friday, November 16, 2012

Life


Goodness!  Sometimes when it rains it pours.  There has been so much sickness and death in our family and around us lately!  Still, I will sing God's praises.  It is so hard for me to sit down and write when my heart and mind are so full of the chaos around me.  I seem to only be able to write when my heart, mind, and soul are at ease.  Today is the first day in a while that I have felt calm enough to try, or maybe there is so much bottled up within that it needs a starting place from which it may flow forth.  There has been one family issue that has been such a burden on my heart since my husband's grandmother's funeral that I can't seem to shake the thoughts when everything gets quiet.  I really don't feel comfortable sharing details, but I would really appreciate any prayers you may offer.  There are some things only God can fix when our efforts, tears, and hurt don't work.

Oh, my friends, never let us forget how short and fleeting life is.  Let us lift each other up, and forgive when we need to forgive, forget when we need to forget, love when there is any chance, build up when one is down, be strong when the other is weak, hug tightly when the other can't hold on, run when the other can't even crawl, lift loud praises when the other can't even whisper a prayer.  God has given us too much love to let time pass meaninglessly by.  Make each moment count for good.  When we are able to let go of whatever it is holding us back or down, God is able to lift us up.  Perhaps the "whatever" is fear, hurt, doubt, insecurity, or unwillingness to forgive.  It doesn't matter.  We can lay it at the foot of the cross and begin again.  I have made my mistakes, but God is bigger than those mistakes.  He can turn a mess into something beautiful.  We just have to be willing to let it go.

Into the hands of Jesus I place those burdens I cannot change or make right.  Into His hands I place the hurt and regret.  Won't you do the same?  He can do what we can't.  He can make it into something beautiful.  "Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling.  Come home. Come home.  Ye who are weary come home."  Isn't it so sweet to know we don't have to wait until we die to go home?  When we are His our heart can always go home and talk to the Father.

Until we meet again, may you be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Tis true that life is so short and fleeting. Only our love for Christ will last through eternity.

    ReplyDelete