Monday, August 3, 2015

Amish Peanut Butter Spread

Hi All!

I made this the other day, and my friend, Morgan, asked me to write up the tutorial ASAP. Ummm....I got busy and completely forgot about it. So sorry, Morgan! Here it is just for you and anyone else who would like to try it!

This recipe is not unlike several others out there except it was made very near the middle of Mennonite country here in Georgia. My family loves this stuff! Try it on rolls, bread, waffles, pancakes, the spoon, your finger, or whatever else may suite your fancy! heehee!

Amish Peanut Butter Spread
2 c brown sugar
1 c water
2 T light corn syrup
1 t maple flavoring
18 oz peanut butter
7 oz marshmallow fluff

Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan; boil for one minute. Remove from heat, and cool completely. Mix peanut butter and marshmallow creme. Then add the peanut butter mixture to the boiled mixture. Beat well. 


For those, like me, who like the steps in photos....

Combine the brown sugar, water, corn syrup, and maple flavoring in a saucepan and boil for one minute. Remove it from the heat, and let it cool.


Mix the peanut butter and the marshmallow creme. I can't imagine trying to do it without a mixer!


Having a little helper is always fun! Poor buddy woke up that morning with
a terribly eczema outbreak.
Keep mixing!
Make sure to stop and scrape sides and bottom at least once while mixing.
Pour in the boilded mixture.


Sir Mix-a-Lot loves helping in the kitchen!
Beat well.

Getting there! Keep mixing!
Now! Oh my! Doesn't it look wonderful!? So smooth and creamy!
Pour into clean jars and enjoy! I was told to store my jars in the refrigerator.


Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment