Thursday, July 10, 2014

Canned Beef Stew



We are gearing up to head back to Texas, where my husband works, in the next couple of days. My husband has requested that I bring some of the items I have canned or frozen this past year. I also wanted to take along some meals that were already done so that he could just heat and eat when the children and I return home, leaving him without a cook! :) This is one I know he will enjoy! This is an easy recipe to throw together and can to have quick meals at your disposal! It was the first time I had made this recipe. Next time, I would like to double it.

Ingredients:
4 lbs. beef roast of your choice, cubed (I used chuck roast.)
3 c onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
8 c carrots, sliced
3 c celery, chopped
12 c potatoes, peeled and chunked
12 c beef broth
1 t Kitchen Bouquet, optional
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Makes about 8 quarts
Brown meat in a large pot. Add onions and garlic and saute until onions are soft. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Ladle stew vegetables into jar leaving a one inch head space. Using the cooking broth, ladle the broth over the vegetables, leaving a one inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe jar rims clean, and close using two piece lids. Process quarts for 90 minutes and pints for 75 minutes at 10 psi. Make sure to adjust psi for your altitude.

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment