Sunday, March 2, 2014

Craft in the Kitchen

Recently, there was a wedding.  I had an idea of what I wanted to give the couple, but then they ended up having a food shower.  We were asked to bring a meal or ingredients to make a meal that could be given to the couple.  I wanted to put the casserole I made into a nice dish that could be kept and reused, but I was a little short on money to buy something really fancy, so I did the best I could.

I love my glass bakeware, so I decided that was what would use.  (Not mine, but new, of course! heehee!) I had a sudden brainstorm in the middle of the night at how neat it would be if I could put their monogram on it
somehow.  Vinyl!  The only problem was that I had no way to cut my own, and time was too short to have someone to do it for me.  Luckily, I thought of the vinyl numbers and letters that are made for car windows! They are sold in my local supercenter in the automotive department.  It worked like a charm!  I was so excited! Now I want new dishes with lids so I can monogram my own!

This is the result!


I had to look up the proper way to add the husband and wife's initials, lol!  I hope this helps someone else!

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. What a great gift that is. I would have loved things like this for my wedding. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jen! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful week, too!

    ReplyDelete