Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas Crafts

Yes, I know it is after Christmas, but I promised my next post would have to do with Christmas.  Well, I can't break a promise; it is a "weakness" ;) of mine.

With all the traveling we have done and the emotions of that coupled with the emotions of a very tragic death in the family of very close friends, our Christmas was very low key and quiet this year.  I did, however, manage to do two of the craft projects I wanted to do.

The first was making a couple of card holders.  I can never seem to find the right place to put them so they can be displayed and enjoyed.  When I found this project on Pinterest, I knew it was a solution I could make and do.

I bought two sheets of foam board and some Christmas fabric at a craft store on a fun shopping trip with my sister.  I cut the fabric just a little larger than the boards and used rubber cement to glue the fabric to the boards; it was all I had, lol!  I tried to use the rubber cement to glue the ribbon hangers, but it wouldn't hold.  I ended up using thumbtacks on a dot of glue to secure the ribbons.  This is the final result.





After building my confidence with this little project, I decided to tackle the big project that was causing anxiety, the burlap and lace tree skirt.  It was another Pinterest project I found a while back.  I honestly didn't know if I had it in me to do it, and have it look nice.  Call me crazy, but I actually found myself with the fabric in my lap praying God would guide me so that the materials, time, and money would not be wasted.  God answered that prayer.  This is the proof!





I could never begin to give you directions, but the link above offers some guidance.

After getting these two projects out of the way, I was finally ready to face the messy house and prepare for Christmas activities.


I covered the table, got busy cleaning, and chased the blues away. (Yes, it was all real...the sewing items stayed right there just until we sat down with my funny family for Christmas Day dinner.  :) ) I must confess, though, that the true joy of Christmas carried me through this Christmas season.  It is what I try my best to teach my children.  I pray that they really saw that in my life this year.

Until we meet again, may you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment