Saturday, March 24, 2012

What am I doing?

I haven't really figured out my purpose for creating a blog except to say I am here.  There is someone within that longs to find her way out during the day.  You see, I am at home alone most days with two children whom I absolutely cherish and adore.  They are both my miracles from God.  Perhaps I can tell you the story one day.  As much as I love my babies, the adult in me longs for interaction with other adults.  I use facebook, but I have so many thoughts and ideas and so much I want to share sometimes that I just can't get it all in with short status updates.

I thought for a long time what I would call my blog if I were to ever create one.  I knew tonight was the night when the name came to me.  The title "I Am Within" has a double meaning.  First, it has a Christian meaning.  God has many names.  When he revealed himself to Moses through the burning bush, He told Moses to say I Am sent him.  Through the saving grace of the shed blood of Jesus, the same I am is within me giving me strength each and every day.  Secondly, the title has a personal meaning.  Because I spend so much time at home with just my children, there are I times when I just need an outlet to "speak adultnese" and share my thoughts and journey.  Perhaps someone else out there is sharing some of the same experiences on her own journey through life.


Alissa holding Pearls
Look for pictures and stories of us testing recipes in the kitchen, playing with- I mean taking care of- animals on the farm, and having homeschool adventures.  I love photography and tend to take way too many pictures.  Please bear with me as I figure out this blog thing!  It is all Greek to me!
Alissa and Jake reading on the sofa.  I wish I had noticed
Alissa's skirt before I took the photo.  I was just excited about
capturing the sweet moment of them reading together!

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing more about your life on the farm learning more of God's love and truths while playing with the animals! :)

    It's kind of funny... I am in a place I never thought I would be (and loving MOST all of it!)... and now I find my self reconnecting with people from my past who are in similiar places!

    I LOVE seeing how our amazing Lord weaves our lives! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! I am so glad I found you again!

      Delete
  2. Oh the sweet childhood days......capture them Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sweet and too short! You should see all the photos I have for them! I hope they enjoy them when they are older and have fun remembering every moment!

      Delete